Blacktown Lung Cancer Multi-Disciplinary Tumour Service
Blacktown Hospital has an active lung cancer multi-disciplinary service with a public clinic for people with suspicious lung lesions, as well as medical oncology and radiation oncology clinics for patients with confirmed lung cancer.
The Multidisciplinary team includes the following specialists:
- Medical Oncologist
- Radiation Oncologists
- Cardiothoracic Surgeons
- Palliative Care Physicians
- Respiratory Physicians
- Nuclear Medicine Physicians
- Oncology CNCs
Patients can be referred to this service through the Blacktown Lung Lesion Clinic (see below), a Respiratory Physician, or through a Medical Oncologist or Radiation Oncologist at the Blacktown Cancer and Haematology Centre.
Blacktown Cancer and Haematology Centre Lung Cancer MDT
Blacktown Lung Lesion Clinic
A multidisciplinary service for the assessment of lung nodules or masses of unknown cause, suspected lung cancer, and thoracic lymphadenopathy of uncertain cause.
Located at: Level 7, C Block, Lung and Sleep Centre, Blacktown Hospital, 18 Blacktown Rd, Blacktown NSW 2148
Operates: every Tuesday 1:00 pm – 4:30 pm
- Patients with lung lesions or thoracic lymphadenopathy demonstrated on CT imaging
- WSLHD boundaries, although out of area referrals for clinical trials will be considered
- Active Tuberculosis;
- Low risk patients with lung nodules that do not meet criteria for follow up (please see attached Nodule Guidelines, and consider referral if ideal management pathway is unclear)
To refer a patient, send referral information via fax (02) 8670 5790. The referral letter should include Dr Timothy Dinihan as the named specialist and the referrer’s provider number.
Patient Details Required:
- Name, address, phone, and mobile number
- Date of birth
- Medicare / Department of Veterans’ Affairs number
- Whether an interpreter is required, and the language
- State if patient is Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander
- State if patient is not an Australian resident
Clinical details required:
- Reason for referral
- History and co-morbidities
- Examination findings
- Investigations carried out and results
- Options already pursued
- Current medications
- Allergies and adverse reactions
General practitioner details:
- Name and practice
- Practice address, phone and fax numbers
- Medicare provider number
- Patient’s usual general practitioner (if different from above)
Service/Clinic Specific Referral Information:
Current issue requiring assessment – please provide adequate details as this information will be used to triage the patient.
Requires recent CT imaging of the chest including CD or printed images, as well as printed report (it is essential that the patient brings these to each visit)
Recent blood test results
For more information, please phone the Administration Officer for Lung and Sleep Centre on (02) 8670 5736 or (02) 8670 5737.
Blacktown Cancer and Haematology Centre Lung MDT Canrefer Listing