Volunteer at Westmead
Volunteers at Westmead Hospital perform countless tasks that add that extra special touch to a patient’s journey. They form an invaluable resource, making a significant contribution to the ability of Westmead Hospital to keep people healthy.
Over 200 Volunteers devote their time and talents at Westmead Hospital to serve and assist patients, visitors and staff. By engaging in patient and client activities, volunteers are a link between the clinical and nursing services, and together form a holistic approach to the quality health care that people need.
Volunteers do this through the provision of support services directly to patients, clients and members of the community and through fundraising for special equipment purchases. At Westmead Hospital, Volunteers are involved in a wide range of services including:
- Guiding patients
- Driving the visitor buggy
- Library services
- Fund raising (e.g. selling raffle tickets)
- Offering patients drinks and snacks
- Visiting patients who may be lonely
- Supporting patients in the Emergency Department
- Surveying patients about their health care experience
- Helping to feed some patients
- Plus many more services
How to apply
If you are interested in joining our team of Volunteers at Westmead Hospital and are available for at least 4 hours per week, please contact the Voluntary Services Manager on (02) 8890 7361.
The application kit contains the following documents and forms:
- Welcome memo
- Application form
- Criminal record check
- 100 points of identification form
- Statutory declaration form
- Code of conduct
- Employee Health Assessment form
After all of your paperwork has been received we will contact you with an interview date.
Many thanks for your interest!
We look forward to receiving your completed application kit.