Westmead Hospital is known its for comprehensive and highly specialised services provided to the western Sydney community, statewide and nationally.
Patients come to Westmead Hospital for speciality services such as:
- major trauma
- bone marrow transplant
- renal transplant
- pancreas (islet) cell transplant
- interventional neuroradiology
- the Westmead Centre for Oral Health
- radiation oncology
- cardiology interventional services
- cardiothoracic surgery
- advanced gastroenterology
- the Adult Eating Disorders Service
- deep brain stimulation
- the Complex Epilepsy Service
- complex dermatology
- neonatal intensive care
- a cystic fibrosis service for adults
- the NSW Huntington Disease Service.
Westmead Hospital is a member of the Westmead Health and Education Super Precinct, with close relationships to The Children’s Hospital at Westmead, the University of Sydney, the Westmead Institute for Medical Research, and the Children’s Medical Research Institute.
Currently undergoing a multimillion dollar rebuilding program, Westmead Hospital with its partners will be one of the largest health, education, research and training precincts in Australia.