For health professionals
We provide specialist HIV & STI clinical and support services for at risk patients. Our clinics are located in Parramatta and Mount Druitt.
Refer your patient
To refer your patient to our Parramatta or Mount Druitt clinics please:
- check the criteria and exclusions
We prefer referrals and appointments.General referrals are accepted for patients with:
- positive syphilis serology, for treatment and contact tracing
- HIV infection
- complicated or persistent STIs
- difficulty adjusting to a STI/HIV diagnosis
- proven STI/HIV (for assistance with contact tracing)
- men who have sex with men (MSM) and sex workers for STI/HIV screening.
- symptomatic heterosexual patients who are not in a high risk group will be referred back to general practice at the point of triage
- sexual dysfunction.
- if you're unsure whether the patient is appropriate for referral, please phone our Parramatta Clinic 02 9843 3124 or Mount Druitt Clinic 02 9881 1206 during clinic operating hours and speak with the triage nurse
- fax your referral letter to the Parramatta Clinic 02 8836 2933 or email to [email protected].
Or, you can give it to the patient to bring to their appointment. Patients must phone us during opening hours to book an appointment
- include sexual health referral information particularly clinical history, treatment, examination results and a copy of all HIV and STI results.
When referring please include the following information:
- phone number
- date of birth
- whether an interpreter is required
- reason for referral
- history and co-morbidities
- examination findings
- investigations carried out and results including copies of all HIV and STI results
- management to date
- current medications
General practitioner details
- name and practice
- practice address, phone and fax numbers
- patient's usual general practitioner (if different from above)
More information & advice
Western Sydney HealthPathways – Sexual Health
HealthPathways offers clinicians locally agreed information to make the right decisions, together with patients, at the point of care.
Australian STI Management Guidelines
The Guidelines are an online resource for primary care health professionals and provide concise information to support the prevention, testing, diagnosis, management and treatment of STIs for adults and adolescents.
NSW STI Programs Unit - Clinical Management Tools and Resources
Clinical management tools to test, treat and manage STIs in GP, Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Services and other primary care settings.
NSW HIV Post-exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Hotline (available 24 hours)
For advice, phone 1800 737 669 (1800 PEP NOW)
Ending HIV - HIV Information for Health Professionals
NSW Health recommends increased HIV testing for all patients at risk of HIV. The earlier HIV is diagnosed and treatment started, the greater the chance of living a very normal, healthy life.
NSW Sexual Health Infolink
Toll free and available Monday to Friday 9 am-5:30 pm.
Phone 1800 451 624 then select option 1 (for medical practitioners) for advice about:
- interpretation of results
- treatment and management guidelines
- appropriate referral.
See also NSW Sexual Health Infolink Referral Manual