The Evening series consist of 7 sessions held one evening a week for 7 weeks. Each class runs for 2 hours, 7pm - 9pm and includes a supper break. The series are held on various nights of the week to suit your schedule.
First time parents-to-be benefit enormously from these classes, as there is plenty of time to interact and discuss a range of topics from labour and birth, to breastfeeding and parenting.
Topics include but not limited to:
- How labour starts
- Labouring at home and when to come to hospital
- Positions for labour and birth – being active
- Normal birth
- Techniques for labour and birth
- Breathing and relaxation
- Tour of the Birth Unit
- Birth requiring medical assistance
- Calming an unsettled baby
- Communicating with your baby
- Parenting issues – including postnatal depression, returning to work, roles and identities.
- And more!!
A reunion session is included in the program. The reunion is held approximately 3-4 months after the final session. The Educator facilitates the series.
Cost: $180.00 Early Bird Special applies if booked and paid for 6 weeks or more before commencement for women birthing at Westmead Hospital
Cost: $300.00 For women birthing elsewhere
Bookings Essential: 1 ticket per couple
For class dates and bookings please see our Eventbrite page
or email email@example.com