In general all wards have their own special visiting hours. Visitors are requested to take note of signage on the wards regarding the visiting hours or call the ward prior to visiting.
- Visiting hours for the Materity ward are 8:00am - 8:00pm
- Visiting hours for the Women's Health Ward are 8:00am - 8:00pm
- Special areas such as Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Centre for New Born Care and all other high dependency units have restricted visiting. Visitors are requested to call the ward before visiting.
Patient enquiries 8:30am – 8:00pm – (02) 9845 5555.
Your responsibilities as a consumer, carer or community member:
- Treat all staff, volunteers, patients and visitors with respect, courtesy and without discrimination on the basis of age, gender, race, religion, culture, disability or sexual preference.
- Tell staff your own medical history, including medications taken, family history of any allergies you may have
- Tell the staff if you do not understand any tests or treatments
- Tell the staff if you are receiving other treatments, or if you stop or change any treatments or medications
- Cooperate with any treatment provided
- Tell the staff if your religious or cultural beliefs make it difficult for you to agree with the recommended treatment
- Keep appointments, or let staff know if you need to cancel or change an appointment
- Ensure that when you receive treatment at home, your home is free from tobacco smoke, violence, harassment and that all animals are restrained
- Be involved, along with your carer, in decision making about your health care
- Give feedback about your experiences in using the health services.
Meal Times for Patients
Inpatient meals are served during these periods:
Breakfast: 7:00am – 8:15am
- Morning Tea: 10:00am – 11am
- Lunch: 12:00pm – 1:15pm
- Afternoon Tea: 2:30pm – 3:30pm
- Dinner: 5:30pm – 6:45pm
- Supper: 7:15pm – 8:15pm