How to Pay Your Bill
At the Cashiers
You can pay your account/s at the cashier counter at the following hospitals between the hours of 8:15am- 4:15pm, Monday to Friday:
- Blacktown Mount Druitt
Cash, EFTPOS facilities and the following credit cards are available at all counters (strictly payment only, no CASH withdrawal):
- American Express
Over the Phone
Alternatively credit card payments may be made by phone:
Monday - Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm 02 9845 9693 or 02 9845 9691
Send your payment to:
Western Sydney Local Health District, PO Box 119 Wentworthville NSW 2145
Cheques are to be made payable to Western Sydney Local Health District (WSLHD)
Important information for self-insured maternity patients at Westmead Hospital 2015-2016
Please read carefully
This information is fpr patients who do not hold private health insurance but choose to be self-insured and see
their doctor, as a private patient, in the Doctor's private rooms.
If you fall into this category, you will be admitted as a self-insured (private) maternity patient, and will be
required to pay an accommodation fee to the hospital, which will cover you for 2 days as a private patient. After
these 2 days your classification will be changed to non-chargeable for the remainder of your admission, thus
keeping your costs to a minimum. Included in this hospital package are:
- Any theatre fees, costs and consumables
- Any diagnostic services, eg. X-rays, blood tests etc. (These are claimed via Simplified Billing)
- Any pharmacy costs
- Nursing and ward costs.
Note: The Self-Insured Maternity accommodation fee for the 2015-2016 financial year is $1330:00. This fee is in
addition to the charge from any specialist medical staff, eg Obstetrician, Anaesthetist, Surgeon, and is not
claimable from Medicare.
- If you do not make payment when requested, your booking as a private patient will not be accepted
- Should your stay in hospital be less than 2 days you will receive a refund
- Payment is required prior to your admission to hospital
- The Hospital will accept the Medicare rebate amount as full payment for any diagnostic (radiology and
pathology) services provided by Westmead Hospital; no out of pocket costs for these services
- You will need to discuss your private doctor's fees with him/her personally prior to your admission.
Completion of paperwork
After booking your confinement with Westmead Hospital, you are required to complete your pre-admission
paperwork. (Note: This paperwork is different from that completed at booking-in clinic for confinement)
- Please complete your paperwork and pay for your accommodation before your 28th week of pregnancy
- To complete your paperwork and pay your hospital fees, please present to the Admissions Counter in the main
foyer of Westmead Hospital (Monday-Friday between 7:30am and 4:00pm).
Payments of cash, credit card (Bankcard, AMEX, Mastercard, Visa Card), EFTPOS (sorry, no cash out available),
cheque or money order can be made in person at the Cashier window on level 2, between 8.15am - 4.00pm
Monday to Friday.
Payments can also be made by phoning 02- 9845 9693 between 7.30am- 5.00pm Monday to Friday. Please have
your Medical Record Number and credit card details handy, and advise the cashier that you are paying fees-inadvance
for your confinement as a self-insured patient.