Agency Information Guide
Western Sydney Local Health District (WSLHD) is committed to ensuring the community can access the information we hold easily and at the lowest reasonable cost.
WSLHD supports the broad object of the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (the GIPA Act) to advance a system of responsible and representative democratic Government that is open, accountable, fair and effective, and the specific presumption in the Act in favour of the disclosure of government information unless there is an overriding public interest against disclosure.
Agency Information Guides (AIGs) play an important role in promoting access to information, supporting participation and contributing to Open Government.
This AIG is published in accordance with section 20 of the GIPA Act and provides a mechanism to make government information accessible, promote currency of information and appropriate release and support the management of government information as a strategic asset.
The purpose of this AIG is to provide general information on the:
- structure and functions of WSLHD
- ways in which the functions of WSLHD affect the public
- arrangements in place to enable members of the public to participate in the formulation of WSLHD policy and the exercise of its functions
- the type of information held by WSLHD
- the type of information held by WSLHD that is made publicly available
- how the public may access and amend the information held by WSLHD that concern their personal affairs
- kinds of information that are (or will be) made publicly available free of charge and those kinds for which a charge is (or will be) imposed.
Where appropriate we have provided links to documents, reports, data and other information throughout this AIG.
This AIG is reviewed regularly and at least every 12 months.
Click below to download the current WSLHD AIG
Available below are the previous AIGs