Improving the health of the community is a shared task.
Where we live, how we travel, our access to parks, schools and jobs, all impact our health and well-being.
Many of these factors are not controlled by health. It is vital for health to work with government, non-government and other organisations to improve the health of the community.
While many projects are planned and delivered with partners, the current focus is to develop key partnerships that add value to our programs.
- Education – because we know that good health leads to better learning and level of education is a good marker of health.
- Councils – because they influence local housing, travel, parks, schools and jobs. Councils have a key role in planning built environments that support and promote health as part of everyday living . Our district includes the council areas of Blacktown, Cumberland, Parramatta and The Hills.
- Health – Justice (Legal Aid) – because legal problems can lead to or add to health problems.
 Kent J; Thompson SM; & Jalaludin B. (2011) Healthy Built Environments: Review of the Literature, Sydney: Healthy Built Environments Program, City Futures Research Centre, UNSW. |  Kent J; Thompson SM; & Jalaludin B. (2011) Healthy Built Environments: Review of the Literature, Sydney: Healthy Built Environments Program, City Futures Research Centre, UNSW.
See under HEAL (Programs for Children) for information on:
Primary Schools Program
Secondary Schools Program
- STAR Canteens
- Active Travel Pilot
- SALSA (Students As Lifestyle Activists - managed by PERU - Primary Health Care, Education & Research Unit)
Contact CPH if you would like further information on the tertiary education partnerships.
- TAFE NSW – Get Healthy@ Work
- Make Healthy Normal – Make Water Your Drink
- Getting Healthy for Aboriginal People
Western Sydney University Partnership
- Healthy Eating & Active Living
- Alcohol, Other Drugs & Sexual Health
- Mental Health & Wellbeing
Local Government Partnerships
Formal partnerships exist, (with a range of joint projects), between the CPH and:
- Blacktown City Council
- City of Parramatta
Key areas of work with Local Government include:
- Implementation of the International Charter for Walking
- Healthy High Density Living
- Promotion of Key Health Messages
– The Libraries Health program
- Combatting Heat Stress
- Open / Green Space
- Submissions on the health impacts of plans and developments.
Health – Justice Partnership
Contact CPH if you would like further information about this Partnership.
Primary & Secondary School Resources:
Tertiary Education Links
Local Government / Healthy Built Environments Links: