- Crunch&Sip® Resources
- Crunch&Sip® encourages children to eat more fruits and vegetables at school. Promote and implement this program at your school with these helpful resources.
Fundamental Movement Skills
Get Skilled, Get Active
- Find support and ideas for learning, programming, teaching, observing and assessing fundamental movement skills.
Resources to Get Kids Moving
Classroom Energisers and Brain Breaks
Learning can be tiring for kids! Taking short brain breaks every 25-30 minutes has been shown to improve behaviour and concentration, increase physical activity, manage emotions and enhance learning outcomes.
- Developed by Northern Sydney Local Health District.
School Events - Active Travel
National Ride2School Day
- Register your school and encourage students to ride, walk, scoot or skate to school on Friday 19th March 2021.
Walk Safely to School Day
- Register your school and encourage your students and school community to walk and commute safely to school on Friday 14th May 2021.
Playing for Life
- The Playing for Life activity cards adopt a game sense approach to teaching games and sport. They are aligned to Australian Curriculum teaching outcomes and support the development of children’s skills, confidence and lifelong interest in sport.
Yulunga Traditional Indigenous Games
- A selection of games and activities from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander societies all around Australia. It provides an opportunity to learn about, appreciate and experience aspects of Indigenous culture.
- Inclusive activity cards designed to assist the delivery of sports-based activities that cater for all levels of ability.
- Special Olympics Australia activity cards are based on the games sense approach and support the delivery of sport and physical activity to people of all abilities.
Physical Activity and Screen Time Factsheets
Resources to Encourage Healthy Eating
Taste & Learn
- A 5-week curriculum-aligned program to support student learning and foster enjoyment of vegetables to positively impact children’s health and wellbeing.
- Resources to support schools to establish an environment that encourages children to learn about, try and eat vegetables every day.
- Digital toolkit for teachers with short videos and lesson plans, designed to engage students in food education.
NSW Health Resources
- Find a range of additional practical resources on teaching healthy eating in the classroom.
Healthy Lunchbox website
- Find a range of healthy lunchbox tips and recipes as well as a practical lunchbox builder activity.
- Choose Water as a Drink Fact Sheet
- Learn how much water children should drink everyday, practical tips to encourage children to drink more water and how much sugar is in some different drinks.
Healthy Lifestyle Newsletter Snippets
Newsletter snippets are a great way to share healthy lifestyle information with your school community. Snippet topics include practical ways families can eat healthy snacks, have healthy drinks, eat more fruit and vegetables, turn off screens and get active. Download snippets and add to your schools newsletters.
Healthy Lifestyle Resources to Share with Families
Find a range of resources that you can share with families to encourage healthy eating and active living.
National Nutrition and Physical Activity Recommendations
Find the current national guidelines for healthy eating in children, adults and during pregnancy as well as guidelines for physical activity and sedentary behaviour.
- Download the Live Life Well@School resource order form to order hard copy resources for your school.
Want to find out about our programs?