Families trust health professionals. They are often the first to discuss the importance of a healthy diet and exercise with parents.
We help families take the advice you provide and turn it into healthy habits. All in an environment that’s fun and supportive.
We can provide you:
- free online assessment tools to identify eligible patients and
- free online training designed to help health professionals raise and manage the issues.
Go4Fun results have been very positive including:
Go4Fun referral process
Click here to find out how to refer families to the program.
- Check eligibility
You can’t always tell if a child is above a healthy weight by looking at them. Using height and weight measures to check BMI is the most reliable way. It is important to check your patient's weight on a routine basis. This will help identify those who are eligible to take part in the Go4Fun program. Go4Fun offers an online BMI calculator to know if a child is eligible.
- Online learning and resources
The Healthy Kids for Professionals website helps health professionals manage families with children who are above a healthy weight. It provides resources on:
- Assessing a child’s weight status
- Identifying children above a healthy weight
- Sensitively discussing the issue of weight status with families
- Providing resources and practical support for families to make healthy lifestyle changes
- Referring families in your area to specialist services and programs.
- Promote the program
There are many ways you can help promote Go4Fun. Access Go4Fun brochures, posters and other promotional material to help spread the word. You can also share local program information on your social media page or newsletter.
- Healthy lifestyle resources for families
Healthy kids start from birth - so mums, dads and carers play a major role. We have information to help families:
- form healthy food and exercise habits
- reduce screen time early in life
- find extra support in your community.
Contact the western Sydney Go4Fun team
For any additional questions, please contact the western Sydney Go4Fun team.