1. Coordination of national medical mycology surveillance studies
- Canididaemia (2004-2007 and 2014-2015)
- Non-Aspergillus mould infections
- Cryptococcus gattii infections
2. Antifungal drug resistance and susceptibility
- Evaluation of antifungal susceptibilities of novel antifungal drugs
- Echinocandin resistance in Candida glabrata
- Azole resistance in Aspergillus fumigatus
- Whole genome sequencing of Candida
3. Matrix Assisted Laser Desorption Ionization-Time of Flight Mass Spectrometry (MALDI-TOF MS) based identification of uncommon and difficult to identify fungal pathogens
4. Genotyping of fungal pathogens
- Kidd S, C Halliday, H Alexiou, and D Ellis. 2016. Descriptions of Medical Fungi, 3rd edition
- Chen SC-A, TC Sorrell, and W Meyer. 2015. Aspergillus and Penicillium. In Manual of Clinical Microbiology, 11th edition
- Sleiman S, CL Halliday, B Chapman et al. 2016. Performance of matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization – time of flight mass spectrometry for identification of Aspergillus, Scedosporium, and Fusarium spp. in the Australian clinical setting. J Clin Microbiol. 54(8): 2182-2186.
- Halliday CL, SC-A Chen, SE Kidd, et al. (in press). Antifungal susceptibilities of non-Aspergillus filamentous fungi causing invasive infection in Australia: support for current antifungal guideline recommendations. Int J Antimicrob. Agents.
- Halliday CL, SE Kidd, TC Sorrell and SC-A Chen. 2015. Molecular diagnostic methods for invasive fungal disease: the horizon draws nearer? Pathology 47: 257-269.
- Heng S-C, SC-A Chen, CO Morrissey, et al. 2014. Clinical utility of Aspergillus galactomannan and PCR in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid for the diagnosis of invasive aspergillosis in patients with haematological malignancies. Diagn. Microbiol. Infect. Dis.79: 322-327.
- Halliday CL, TC Sorrell, and SC-A Chen. 2014. Detection of multiple fungal species in blood samples by real-time PCR: an interpretative challenge. J Clin Microbiol. 52: 3515-3516.
- Morrissey CO, SC-A Chen, TC Sorrell, et al. 2013. Galactomannan and PCR versus culture and histology for directing use of antifungal treatment for invasive aspergillosis in high-risk haematology patients: a randomised controlled trial. Lancet Infect. Dis. 13:519-28.
- Pinto A, C Halliday, M Zahra, et al. 2011. Matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization-time of flight mass spectrometry identification of yeasts is contingent on robust reference spectra. PLoS One 6: e25712.
Looking for General