PVT Liaison Council
In 2019, we intend to establish a Pre-Vocational Trainee Liaison Council, the purpose of which is to have a small group of PGY1s and PGY2s who have a formal responsibility for information flow, representation and leadership among their respective pre-vocational training cohorts. In the past we have been required to nominate a single intern representative to the HETI JMO Forum, and historically, these individuals have assumed all of the representational and liaison duties, for the intern cohort, both internally and externally. In 2019 we are attempting to share these responsibilities and draw on a larger pool of enthusiasm and expertise by appointing a Council, rather than an individual.
Anticipated interactions with hospital hospital administration
Pre-vocational Clinical Training Committee(PCTC)
The council would be expected, within the constraints of their roster and term allocation, to attend the monthly PCTC. They would also be expected to routinely convene (either physically or virtually) between meetings for the purposes of following up on actions arising from the meetings, identifying new agenda items for upcoming meetings and communicating with the pre-vocational trainee body about the PCTC as dictated by the needs of the meeting.
RSU Liaison Meetings
Meetings which will aim to be be help between the council and RSU once per term in week 5, to discuss specific issues pertaining to the interaction of RSU and the pre-vocational trainee cohort.
Ad Hoc Meetings
The Administration shall from time to time seek input from pre-vocational trainees regarding specific issues and may request that this be co-ordinated through the JMO Liaison council
It is expected that Council will develop specific interest in several key portfolios: Rostering/Organisaion, Education, Communication/Social Media, IT & Quality Improvement and that individuals council member may develop specific expertise and leadership in these portfolios. These portfolios may be expected to create opportunities for contributing to other existing organisational structures/committees etc, which are specific to these portfolios
External Representation - HETI JMO Forum
Two members of the Council (one intern and one RMO) will be nominated as the HETI JMO Forum representatives. All applicants for the Council should be willing to act in this role as required.
- Nominees will be sought from all PVTs.
- Applicants will be required to submit a CV and vision statement, outlining their perception of the major challenges, and their goals in the role.
- All applicants will have a conversation with the DPET, DDMS and RSU Manger.
- Up to 5 applicants will be appointed.
- All terms will be for 12 months, but previous incumbents are welcome to re-apply
- JMO FORUM Rep will be selected from among the successful appointees by popular vote.
- A Chair shall be selected from the PGY2 members, who will be responsible for the internal organisation of the Council –This role will rotate each term, ensuring that they it is filled by an RMO based at Westmead for the term. There will also be a role of Deputy Chair which will be filled by an Intern on a similar rotational basis
Applications for PVT Liaison Council
Application should be made in writing and should include :
- A short CV highlighting any previous representational /leadership experience
- A Vision Statement, outlining what you might hope to achieve by taking on this role
- Your understanding of the significant challenges for pre-vocational trainees in the current environment
- Your perspective on the most important priorities in terms of areas for improvement or attention
- Any particular skills, experience or interest which would complement the major portfolios of Rostering/Organisation, IT, Education, Communication/Social Media, IT and Quality Improvement in Health Care.
In preparing for your application it may be of value to review:
In addition, acknowledging that Westmead will undergo its 4 yearly HETI pre-vocational accreditation survey in 2019, it may be of value familiarising yourself with the accreditation standards for pre-vocational training.
Applications should be submitted to Dr Andrew Baker, DPET, by email by no later than Fri 25th Jan.
Looking for General
Need to make a room booking?