What is SET?
SET is the Surgical Education and Training program managed by the RACS.
The Surgical Education and Training (SET) program promotes high quality, efficient surgical education and training through early selection into speciality training
Royal Australasian College of Surgeons
My Health Learning NSW
The Western Sydney Surgical Skills Training Network offers a comprehensive surgical education and training program for our:
- Surgical SRMO's and Unaccredited Trainees
- PGY 1-2 interested in pursuing surgical careers
The program offers the following:
- mentoring, supervision, HR support and career guidance from Network Directors of training, Network Manager/ESO, Supervisors of training and Senior and Junior Clinicians
- supports the development of Prevocational Trainees PGY1- 2
- offers PGY3+ training positions that provide exposure to surgical terms that gives them the opportunity to develop surgical skills and competencies before entering the Surgical Education Training Program (SET)
- exposure to a range of training programs including workshops and professional development sessions, weekly lectures and skills labs
There are several more junior and senior consultants from surgical specialities within Westmead and our Network sites that also help support the education and training for our Network trainees.
Looking for General
Need to make a room booking?