Volunteer at Auburn
Would you like to make a difference? Join the Volunteer team at Auburn Hospital.
Auburn Hospital Volunteers perform countless tasks that add an extra special touch to a patient’s journey. Volunteers are invaluable and assist patients, visitors and staff.
AVAILABLE VOLUNTEER ROLES
- Outpatients Clinic Concierge Volunteer – assists outpatients with directions to the appropriate clinic. Assists staff by delivering paperwork and answering general enquiries from waiting patients.
- Patient Support Volunteer – provides company to lonely patients, assists with dementia sufferers, provides mealtime assistance including opening food packaging, making tea\coffee, assisting with basic tasks, as well as assisting staff by delivering files & other items.
- Fundraising Stall Volunteer - Sells goods including handmade knitted and crocheted garments to raise funds for Auburn Hospital. Includes setting up and packing down tables and keeping basic financial records.
All Volunteers are rostered 1 half or full day per week, Mon - Fri. Days are negotiable. Training & induction is provided. Additional language skills are beneficial but not essential.
Auburn Hospital Volunteers are valued members of the team and enjoy many benefits including meal voucher on rostered days, uniform, social interaction, training, recognition and more.
All volunteers are required to
- be double vaccinated against COVID-19 and adhere to mask wearing rules
- have or be willing to obtain a Working With Children Check (WWCC). Free for volunteers
- be looking for an ongoing role with a regular weekly commitment (holidays etc can be accommodated)
- be 18 years of age or over
- have or be willing to get appropriate vaccinations (certain patient interacting roles only)
Please note, we cannot accommodate work experience or short-term volunteering requests. Volunteer roles are conducted Mon - Fri between 8am -4pm only. There are currently no weekend or evening volunteering opportunities.
For more information on volunteer rights & responsibilities, benefits, policies and the code of conduct, please see the Western Sydney Local Health District Volunteer Manual.
HOW TO APPLY
To express your interest in joining the amazing Auburn Hospital volunteer team, please use this link to register your interest.
Volunteer Services Manager