Information for visitors
COVID-19: Testing & visitor information
Free & confidential COVID-19 testing is available at walk-in or drive through clinics in Western Sydney
Clinic locations and times (updated 9 October)
COVID-19 visitor policy & visiting hours
- everyone who enters our hospitals needs to undergo health screening. You will be asked a series of questions such as whether you have been in close contact with someone with COVID-19, your recent travel and whether you are experiencing any flu-like symptoms. You will also have your temperature checked
- you will also be requested to wear a mask when in our facilities to help keep you safe
- visiting hours are: 10am-12pm and 5pm-7pm
- if you are visiting the hospital to get a COVID-19 test, please ensure you exit the hospital immediately after being tested.
DOWNLOAD PDF: for more information about our one visitor per patient policy
CLICK: to read about changes to our visiting hours during COVID-19
Family and visitors are welcome at Auburn Hospital. We know that being in hospital can be a worrying time.
Changes to hospital visiting hours during COVID-19
To protect you and your loved ones from COVID-19, our visiting hours have changed. From Thursday 20 August, one visitor per patient can visit each day between 10am to 12 midday, and between 5pm to 7pm. Special considerations apply for birthing, palliative care, NICU and ICU.
Connect to our free WiFi
Connect with your loved ones virtually. Free WiFi is available for all patients and visitors.
Select the Hospital_Guest_WiFi network
No username or password is required
Please help us all stay safe & well
Staff, patients and visitors are required to wear masks for their own safety and the safety of others.
Please do not visit patients if you are unwell. Thank you for helping us save lives.
For more information about COVID-19
For the latest information about COVID-19 or to find a testing clinic near you, visit the NSW Health website.
What do I need to know about visiting patients in hospital?
- Visiting patients in hospital is beneficial to their wellbeing, so we encourage visitors but for the comfort of all patients, please limit your visits to visiting hours only.
- If you are not able to come during visiting hours, please make arrangements with the ward’s Nurse Unit Manager to visit outside of visiting hours. The Nurse Unit Manager MUST be contacted prior to the visit.
- In some parts of the hospital, such as the HDU and emergency, only two people are allowed by the bedside at a time. There may be occasions where we must limit the number of visitors in other areas also.
- Whilst visiting a patient, we ask that you please keep noise to a minimum so as not to disturb the wellbeing and recovery of other patients.
- Please make sure children remain with an adult at all times and, for safety reasons, we ask that children not be left unattended while they are in the hospital.
- Auburn Hospital is a Smoke Free Hospital. Smoking is not permitted anywhere on hospital grounds.
REACH out to us if you notice a worrying change in the patient’s condition
If you are worried, we want you to tell us. We have a communication process called “REACH” that will help you share your concerns with us. For more information, please ask your nurse for a brochure.
Help is on its way
If you are worried please:
- talk to your nurse
- ask for a doctor to come and see you / your loved one to a clinical review, and to answer any questions you may have about your condition
- ring 13686 on your bedside phone for an emergency response