Concessional parking at Auburn Hospital
Parking concessions, and the way patients & visitors apply for them, changed on July 1, 2017.
The Security Department at Auburn Hospital manages car parking operations and the car parking concessions process.
Once the application form for concessions has been completed, it should be presented to the Security Department, located near the emergency department. The Security Department will then process the concession.
Parking concessions pricing will change from July 1, 2018, in line with NSW Health policy.
These rates are consistent across WSLHD and other health facilities across the state.
How to apply for concessions
The process for applying for parking concessions is:
- The patient/carer should complete the application form.
- The form must be approved & signed off by a nursing unit manager/department head/social worker.
- The patient/carer should then deliver the form to the Security Department.
- The Security Department will then process the form, either validating the existing parking ticket or replacing it.
NB: This process only applies to wards/clinics who don’t have a localised process for managing concessions.
Who is eligible for concessions?
- Patients/visitors with RMS-issued mobility parking scheme permits/pensioner concession cards/gold veterans’ affairs cards/healthcare cards (NO FORM NEEDED – concessions can be collected from the Security Department)
- All ongoing cancer treatment patients
- Long-term patients and their carers who are required to attend the hospital/facility for treatment for more than one week
- Patients and their carers attending more than twice a week, including carers of long-term patients who visit frequently
- Cardiac rehab education and exercise class attendees
- Daily dressing outpatients
- Health promotion education class attendees
- Patients and their carers experiencing financial hardship
NB: a ‘carer’ is defined as a patient’s next of kin.
|0 to 3 hours
|Single visit ticket that is valid for one entry and one exit only within a 24 hour period
|3 day ticket
|Frequent use ticket that allows multiple entries and exits to the hospital campus in a 3 day period
|7 day ticket
|Frequent use ticket that allows multiple entries and exits to the hospital campus in a 7 day period
For more information
For information on the changes, contact Auburn Hospital Security Department on 8759 3411.