Transport & Parking
Getting to Westmead Hospital
Click on the button below to view a copy of the Westmead Hospital Transport Access Guide
- Westmead Train Station is 250 metres from the hospital and is approximately an 8 minute walk
- T-Way buses T61-T66 stop outside the hospital on Darcy Road. It is then a short walk to the main entrance of the hospital
Direct taxi telephones are provided at each entrance to the hospital
(i.e. emergency, outpatients, main entrance and the dental school).
- Disability parking is available on site
- Car parking is available on site for a fee
- Timed general parking is available on the street
- Drop off and collection zones are provided at the main entrance,
Emergency Department, and University Clinics (Outpatients). Driver must
remain with the vehicle.
changes to car parking for dental patients from July 2016.
More information: Fact Sheet
changes to visitor car park 3 from June 17, 2016.
More information: Latest News | Fact Sheet
Westmead Hospital has two paid car parks for patients and visitors:
- Car park 1 - near the main hospital entrance
- Car park 3 - near the Emergency Department
Users take a ticket on entry.
Parking fees are based on length of stay, allowing patients & visitors to pay only for the time they spend at the hospital.
Timed casual fees for car parks 1 & 3:
- Up to 30 minutes - FREE
- 30 minutes to 1 hour - $5
- 1-2 hours - $8
- 2-3 hours - $11
- 3-4 hours - $13
- 4-5 hours - $15
- More than 5 hours - $17
Patients and visitors can pay for parking prior to returning to their car at the pay stations, located near the hospital’s main entrance and near the University Clinics.
The pay stations accept credit cards (Visa and Mastercard only), coins and notes up to $50, and provide change as required.
Payment can also be made at the exit gates at car park 1 via Visa or Mastercard only.