Transport & Parking
Getting to Westmead Hospital
Click on the button below to view a copy of the Westmead Hospital Transport Access Guide
- Westmead Train Station is 250 metres from the hospital and is approximately an 8 minute walk
- T-Way buses T61-T66 stop outside the hospital on Darcy Road. It is then a short walk to the main entrance of the hospital
Direct taxi telephones are provided at each entrance to the hospital
(i.e. emergency, outpatients, main entrance and the dental school).
- Disability parking is available on site
- Car parking is available on site for a fee
- Timed general parking is available on the street
- Drop off and collection zones are provided at the main entrance,
Emergency Department, and University Clinics (Outpatients). Driver must
remain with the vehicle.
changes to patient and visitor car parking for dental patients from
May 2, 2016.
For more information - map [PDF], outline of changes
Westmead Hospital has 2 pay car parks for patients and visitors:
Car Park 1 - near the main hospital entrance
- Located on the corner of Darcy and Hawkesbury Roads
- Users take a ticket on entry
- Parking fees are based on length of stay, allowing patients
& visitors to pay only for the time they spend at the hospital.
Refer to Timed Casual Fees listing below
Car park 3 – near the Emergency Department
- Located on Hawkesbury Road
- There is an $8 flat fee which must be paid on entry. The pay station accepts gold coins only
Timed Casual Fees for Car Park 1
- 0-30 mins: free
- 30 mins-1 hour: $5
- 1-2 hours: $8
- 2-3 hours: $10 to $11
- 3-4 hours: $12 to $13
- 4-5 hours: $14 to $15
- 5+ hours: $16 to $17
Payment for car park 1 can be made prior to returning to
your car, at the pay station located near the hospital’s main entrance.
The pay station accepts credit cards (Visa and MasterCard only), gold
coins and notes up to $50, and provides change as required.
Payment can also be made at the exit gates via Visa or MasterCard only.