Westmead Centre for Oral Health
The Westmead Centre for Oral Health (formerly known as the Westmead Hospital Dental Clinical School) was opened in 1981 and is the provider of general dental services to the eligible population of the Western Sydney Local Health District. It is also a state-wide specialist oral health service provider for NSW. The Westmead Centre for Oral Health is one of two teaching facilities for the Faculty of Dentistry of the University of Sydney. It is equipped with advanced patient care facilities and operating suites. In addition to providing oral health care services, the centre has located within it the Institute of Dental Research.
Leaders in Oral Health
Goals of Westmead Centre for Oral Health
- To provide quality oral health care
- To enhance community and professional relationships
- To act as a centre for teaching and research
- To operate an efficient and effective service
Primary Functions of Westmead Centre for Oral Health
- A general and specialist oral health service as part of the comprehensive health care program of the Western Sydney Local Health District.
- Specialist oral health referral service for New South Wales.
- Clinical education and training for the oral health therapy and dentistry degree programs through the University of Sydney and University of Newcastle.
- Postgraduate training in specialist disciplines.
- Continuing education for the oral health workforce including general dentists, specialists, oral health therapists, dental prosthetists, dental assistants, dental technicians and administrative staff.
- A centre for oral health research.
- A resource centre for the promotion of oral health.
Western Sydney Local Health District provides public oral health services in an integrated service comprising two community dental clinics at Blacktown Hospital and Mt Druitt Hospital and one tertiary centre, the Westmead Centre for Oral Health. The Westmead Centre for Oral health is a leading oral health teaching hospital providing an extensive range of comprehensive and specialist dental treatment.
The individual dental clinics which are part of Western Sydney Local Health District Oral Health Service play a vital role in delivering oral health care to the local eligible population and patients across NSW requiring specialist care. Information on these clinics can be accessed through the links on the right side of this page.
The information within will assist you to find out more about how to access our services, training and employment opportunities.
Transport, parking and access
Westmead Centre for Oral Health is situated at Westmead Hospital on Darcy Road, Westmead.
Cityrail provides rail services to Westmead station and Westbus runs several bus services to and from Westmead Hospital.
Direct taxi telephones are provided at the entrance of Westmead Centre for Oral Health.
For information on visitor car parking, visit the Westmead Hospital Transport & Parking page.
Wheelchair access is available through the Westmead Centre for Oral Health entrance and the hospital main entrance and via lifts to all levels within the Westmead Centre for Oral