We ask parents and visitors to follow the actions below to prevent babies getting infections:
- Please wash hands using the alcohol rub (pink fluid).
- Place jackets, jumpers and coats on hooks provided outside tour baby’s room.
- Please remove all jewellery (watches, rings except wedding rings).
- Please roll up long sleeves to your elbow.
- Please rewash hands with soap and water after each nappy change and on leaving the NICU.
Babies are very vulnerable to infections such as colds, flu, fever, rash, diarrhoea, etc. If you or your visitors have been unwell, please do not visit the NICU.
If you are unsure it is safe for you to visit the NICU, please speak to your local doctor to assess your risk of spreading infection to premature or unwell newborn babies.