Westmead Centre for Oral Health
The Westmead Centre for Oral Health (formerly known as the Westmead Hospital Dental Clinical School) was opened in 1981 and is the provider of general dental services to the eligible population of the Western Sydney Local Health District. It is also a state-wide specialist oral health service provider for NSW. The Westmead Centre for Oral Health is one of two teaching facilites for the Faculty of Dentistry of the University of Sydney. It is equipped with advanced patient care facilities and operating suites. In addition to providing oral health care services, the centre has located within it the Institute of Dental Research.
02 9845 7178
1300 739 949 or 9845 6766 (Appointments)
||02 9893 8671
||Darcy Road, Westmead
Postal address: PO Box 533,
Wentworthville NSW 2145
Leaders in Oral Health
Goals of Westmead Centre for Oral Health
- To provide quality oral health care
- To enhance community and professional relationships
- To act as a centre for teaching and research
- To operate an efficient and effective service
Primary Functions of Westmead Centre for Oral Health
- A general and specialist oral health service as part of the comprehensive health care program of the Western Sydney Local Health District
- Specialist oral health referral service for New South Wales
- Clinical education and training for the oral health therapy and dentistry degree programs through the University of Sydney and University of Newcastle
- Postgraduate training in specialist disciplines
- Continuing education for the oral health workforce including general dentists, specialists, oral health therapists, dental prosthetists, dental assistants, dental technicians and administrative staff
- A centre for oral health research
- A resource centre for the promotion of oral health
Western Sydney Local Health District provides public oral health services in an integrated service comprising two community dental clinics at Blacktown Hospital and Mt Druitt Hospital and one tertiary centre, the Westmead Centre for Oral Health.
The Westmead Centre for Oral health is a leading oral health teaching hospital providing an extensive range of comprehensive and specialist dental treatment.
The Westmead Centre for Oral Health is well known and respected for its excellence in the provision of oral health care, clinical education, and dental research.
The individual dental clinics which are part of Western Sydney Local Health District Oral Health Service play a vital role in delivering oral health care to the local eligible population and patients across NSW requiring specialist care. Information on these clinics can be accessed through the Departments and Clinics page.
We trust the information within will assist you to find out more about how to access our services, training and employment opportunities.