We are invested in keeping the people of western Sydney healthy -
now and in the future. Together with our partners, we are improving
children’s health for current and future generations. We are
addressing western Sydney’s diabetes hotspot challenge. We are
enhancing the understanding and management of mental health in
Promote a good start for the first five years of life.
Overcome diabetes together by increasing prevention,
screening and enhancing community and hospital management
to slow the progression of diabetes in our community.
Increase community awareness and understanding of mental
health issues and breakdown stigmatisation.
Key Performance Metrics
1) AEID survey or equivalent
School age readiness assessment1
- Decrease in childhood obesity – 5% decrease in 10 years2
- Reduce diabetes prevalence in Western Sydney
to below the current NSW state average
- Progress in countering Mental Health stigma (Annual Activity Programme)3
2) Linked to the proportion of 5-16 year olds
overweight – NSW Premier’s Priorities
3) Further details to be agreed in the Mental
Health Reform program
You can read more about the Better West Strategic priorities here.